Had a Slip, Trip or Fall?

get the compensation you deserve with Amberlaw Solicitors

Slip, Trip or Fall

If you have been injured in a slipping or a tripping accident in the last 3 years, then you could be entitled to make a compensation claim.

There are many occasions in which individuals can sustain an injury by tripping over a pothole or uneven pavement and we at Amber Law Solicitors ensure that clients receive the maximum award of compensation for their injuries. Some of the common types of slips, trips and falls include:

Tripping on a pothole or raised paving slab – responsibility lies with the local authority to inspect and maintain the pavement and highway on regular intervals. In the event a defect is detected this needs to be repaired within a reasonable period of time. If they fail to do this then you can make a claim for compensation against their insurers. If you intend to make a claim then take a photograph of the defect and use a measuring tape to indicate the depth of the defect and make a note of the date and time the photograph was taken.

Slipping on unsigned spillages in supermarkets, shops or restaurants - responsibility lies with the occupier of the premises to ensure that risk is minimised by taking preventative measures to avoid people being injured. To assist you with your claim we would recommend:

  •  To take a photographs of the accident location 
  • To report the matter to a member of staff and complete a accident report form
  • Take contact details of any witnesses to the accident